Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sub for Santa

My family has been heading up the local sub for santa program for as long as I can remember. And this year was no different. We had a great turnout of food donations and were able to give a bunch of it to the local food pantry. So hopefully a few more families are able to get some help.





The next day we woke up bright and early and sorted through the presents that were assigned the angels that my Aunt Christy put up on the Christmas trees around town. We had alot of support from the people who donated stuff to help the families this year.




Ya... I know... I look like I needed a little help myself.

But what I would really like to say is that I am greatful to my family who have instilled in me the reason for Christmas. It isn't about the presents that we are goin to get, although we might love them, it is more about the giving and Christs birth and our families. I hope that we were able to help some families this year that truly appreciated it. It makes it all worth it when they are excited to see how much the community was able to help them. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: