Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Mom

For those of you who don't know, Trent and I have lived with my mom for quite some time now. I know that I am old enough to be on my own, but this just felt right. Like she needed me or something... what I didn't know is how much I needed her. I had a bad phone call a few weeks ago with my Dad. It was rough for starters because I had my feelings hurt when my brother, Trent, had their baby at 5:30 on a Friday and I didn't know about it until about 9:45 that night. If I would have known, I would have been there. I knew that Trent was busy, so I placed the blame on everyone else. So I called my Dad to vent, but what I wasn't expecting was for him to start in on me about some very hurtful things. One of them being that I lived with my mom still. He told me that he had talked to my Mom several times and she wanted me and Trent out, but didn't have the heart to tell me. That hurt... I immediately started crying and my Mom wanted to know what was wrong. I told her what he had said and she told me that she had never said such a thing to him. That she enjoyed us being here. I thought she was just saying that to make me stop crying. But on Sunday, it was testimony meeting and she bore testimony that she loved having us in her home. To have her say that made all my doubts go away. Then my Mom and I had spent time on Saturday baking for a friend of her's that was in the Basin and she wanted to show her baking skills. So she made sour cream coffee cake and I made two apple pies. My mom is an amazing cook. She makes the best manicotti in the entire world. But I wanted to say how much I admire her. I admire her spirit and her courage to get through trials. She has taught me the value of work and service and kindness. She has also helped me alot with life in general. She is always there to listen to me, even though she might not like what she hears. She gives useful advice. She is talented in many areas. She is a great movie partner. And she is an amazing friend. I love spending time with her. She knows how to help me feel better about life and not to give up on my dreams. So thanks Mom, for loving Trent and I enough to let us be in your home and feel the spirit that is there. The Lord blesses those that bless others lives and I know that he is blessing you. Thanks for everything. We love you so much!

1 comment:

nadine said...

I can't believe that your dad would say something like that. That is so sad. I am glad that you talked to your mom about it. She never would have said that. She is too nice. She would have the hole town stay with her. well not quite but you know what I mean. Just think It might mean a hole lot more to her that you guys are staying with her. Just think her house is not so quite at night. If she is like me I hate being a lone.