Monday, March 16, 2009

Fun Stuff

Megan, Ben and the kids came out for Spring Break. Not the whole thing, but long enough to spend some time with the family and for Ben to do a little homework and Megan to make a carrot cake for Grandpa for his birthday. She made the cake and I made the frosting, but something happened (I'm pretty sure it was the frosting) and it didn't taste the same as it normally does. I LOVE Megan's carrot cake, so I know it wasn't her. But never the less, we had a good time. In other news, Andrew and Olivia have grown up a bit since I saw them last. Olivia was up on her knee's rocking back and forth trying to crawl and get Andrew's trains.
Andrew had been calling my mom "Pa" for the longest time, until this weekend! HAHA!! He has now started calling her Grandpa!!! ROFL!! I know those of you reading this are laughing right along with me. I have to laugh because now my mother is having an identity crisis. But whether or not she was being called Pa or Grandpa she had a great time playing with her two favorite people in the world. I was glad to see them again. I had planned on going two weeks before to Logan, but ended up having a bad cold and had to pay bills. So I was soooo excited to see them! It was a short visit, but I think we had fun. I love spending time with Andrew and Olivia because it makes me feel young again. Playing trains, talking like a complete moron and completely different language. And Olivia crawled as soon as they got home! So I hope that I get to spend some time with them again before she learns how to walk!!! lol I miss having all my family here. It's nice when everyone comes out. We play games, talk, watch movies, etc. Ben, Megan, my mom, Trent and I watched some old John Wayne movie until 11:30 or so. It was a funny movie, but the best part was just getting to spend time with them.

No comments: