Sunday, June 29, 2008

A busy couple of weeks





Hey guys! Sorry I haven't had much time to get on here and post. We've had a really long couple of weeks. Last weekend we went to my Bird family reunion and it was really great to get to see everyone again. I realized how much I miss my uncles! And I got to see my aunt Jackie so that was sweet. That family has grown alot and it was good to spend time with all of them. Trent and I played a vigorous round of this weird game that I am trying to remember the name of, but it's slipping my mind. Anyway, it is two polls with three different colored poles going down. And you have this ball thing that you have to throw and try to wrap around the poles. Of course I kicked Trent's butt!! (Trent's sitting next to me and says, "She thinks!") It was alot of fun though. I then played with my little bro. Michael... Needless to say, I won! My other bro's played horseshoes and I decided that it couldn't possibly be that hard to get one of those stupid shoes around a pole... boy was I wrong! I sucked! At the very end of my game with a couple of my bro's I got closer to it. It's hard!!! They were all really good and Trent played a few rounds with them as well. We sat around the camp fire that night and played the game "signs". It was a lot of fun too. We played for like four hours and just had a great time spending the weekend with that part of my family.

Then there was this weekend, which we are still trying to recover from. My Grandpa Bird and my Uncle Jeff and Aunt Sophie and then some of my cousins all race in the Mud Bogs. It was up in Evanston Wyoming, so not too far from us. We drove up Saturday afternoon and then spent the rest of the evening at the fairgrounds cheering for our family. Trent got roped into timing the racers, which I think he thought was alot more fun that sitting in the bleachers. He got an up close and personal look at the cars as they zoomed by. He had fun and had a little bonding time with my Step Mom, Karlee and my Bro Jay.
I got to spend some quality time with Jay's friend that is a girl (not to be confused with a girlfriend) named Dori. She's cute and we had a good ole' time. Grandpa Bird took 3rd place in one of the races and Uncle Jeff took 3rd in one and a 2nd in another. There were way too many categories for me to remember which they raced in. Superstock, Modified and 2 Wheel are the one's that I can remember, but I don't know which one's they for sure ran in... But I was really proud of them. Especially proud of my Grandpa Jack (Jake... LOL!! long story) he did really really great and he is still a youngin' at heart! Love ya Grandpa!

So needless to say we got to spend alot of time these past couple of weeks getting to know my Bird family a little more. Which is really good for me, since I didn't get to do much while I was little (no one impaticular's fault). They are just a little different than what I am use too. I grew up with my mom and was just raised a different way. So change is weird to me, but it's good. I was glad to get to spend some time with them. I love them and wish nothing but the best for all of them.

The best part about this past couple of weekends is that Trent and I got to spend more time together. I love him more than anything else in the entire world. I feel our love grow more and more when we get to spend quality time together. We grow together more as a couple and look forward to the day when we can be in the temple and be sealed together for time and all eternity.

I hope you all have a great week! I'll post pictures as soon as I learn how too...

No comments: